Adult classes - for ages 13 & UP
- Pay the One-time Registration Fee.
- Purchase your Class. *Let us know if you will be attending through Zoom or In-Person. We will email you the ZOOM meeting info after you have paid.*
Frequently asked Questions
- Would it be possible to visit the studio and observe a beginners class? Of course! Pop in anytime.
- Can new students start at any time? Yes. It is slightly easier to start at the very beginning of a session but we purposefully keep the classes repeating material so that new students can always join as the other students continue conditioning their bodies & minds to do the movements correctly.
- As a beginner, can you provide an estimate of additional costs that would be incurred? For example, shoes? Anything else? Where to buy? A beginner simply needs shoes. We sell both used and new shoes. Some of our used shoes we rent out for just $20 - they aren't the prettiest but they are usable. Some of our better used shoes run between $75-$150. Or we sell brand new shoes for $225-$250. Flamenco dancers also use a skirt so we ask that students eventually purchase one and start wearing it to class. But for absolute beginners it isn't necessary. Skirts run between $65 - $200, depending on how fancy you want it.
- What does a student wear to class? Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in. If you don't have flamenco shoes wear a closed toe shoe with a leather sole and and a chunky heel. Sneakers are the next best option.
- How many sessions does someone need on average before moving to the next level? Progress very much depends on the ability of the student and how often they come to class. The more times per week a student attends, the faster they progress. We ask for a once a week commitment but we offer classes 6 days a week.
- What’s the average age in the adult classes? The majority of our students are between 20 years old to 60 years old. There really is no age limit on this style of dance. But it is important to listen to your body and do what feels good so finding the right class that suits you is important.
- What’s the average class size for an adult class? 3-6 people.
- What are your recommendations to succeed/ do well as a beginner starting out? Listen to flamenco music & watch flamenco dance videos online - this helps you to get familiar with the rhythms & melodies. Practice what you learned in class at home a minimum of 5 minutes a day.
- What are the payment options? All payments can be made through our website with a credit card or Paypal. Venmo payments are accepted (find us @naranjitaflamenco). We also offer a monthly Automatic Payment Plan. We appreciate students signing up with this option so much that students receive the fifth class in any given month for free!
- If a student signs up for Sat but is unable to attend class, can a class be made up on a Wed? Yes! If you miss a class, it is your responsibility to make the class up in a different class of the same level. Missed classes do not roll over into the next month.
If you have any questions
Tel / text (714) 400-2939
Tel / text (714) 400-2939